3.03.2014

why fly boys


My two precious boys.  They are too much but I'm grateful for them.  They keep me laughing, thinking, crying, googling, lego-ing, studying, digging and much more...and as their MOTHER, I must teach them a thing or two.  

Among those is one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog -- STYLE.  Boys aren't typically born with style or a longing to shop, or even a love for all things trendy like most of their counterparts.  Although, I suspect when you were (are) searching for Mr. Right, I can only imagine his style came into play at some point or another!  I'm all for boys being boys -- rough, rambunctious and dirty -- but there is a time and place and a few moments in between when your style counts and makes an impression.  If WE as mothers do not teach them how to find their style then WHO WILL?  After all, I am the one who prepares them for life so I must teach them how to dress for life, as well.  So let's band together and create a LOVE for the style they put on their bodies even if it's just a tiny love.   I must be diligent as I am with every other life lesson I am trying to teach them.  So no matter their age, no matter the event and especially, no matter what 'the other kids' think -- let's teach these boys to dress to impress!
This blog will log styling ideas for little boys and let's be honest our resident Dad's could use some help too!  And this Momma will try to keep it simple but funky, budget friendly (most of the time) and kid approved!   All, while using functional and versatile pieces for your little guy's closet!

{vest, pants & both ties from here before Christmas, button downs from here and Chuck Taylors from here}

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! I can't wait for this, Natalie! xo,Kate

    ReplyDelete